Wednesday, November 14, 2007

To the cutest little buckethead

I received a slick little MP3 player.

I can finally listen to Joanna Newsom at work without having my coworkers think I'm a total freak. And you know what else I can do? I can listen to Danse Macabre and no one in the gym can criticize my appreciation for the Faint.

This is a pretty awesome gift. When I first got the package, I was ready to write in big bold letters on the box: RETURN TO SENDER. I didn't want this piece of $%^&. I am perfectly content and I don't need these material objects to complicate my life. But when I heard Joanna Newsom's voice come in loud and clear through the earbuds, I convinced myself that I really did want-no, need this.

Thanks for all you've done with you know, complicating my life.

No comments: